Thursday, March 17, 2011

nuggets of inspiration

God has a way of reaching out to us... we have questions... He answers. subtly. slowly. sometimes it seems that He doesn't. but as a lot of people have told me, He will eventually. maybe when you least expect Him to. maybe when you feel that all hope's lost. but He does answer - in His time. so keep the faith. God never fails those who put their complete trust in Him.

i understand the feeling of loneliness and despair. seeking for answers or solutions that never seem to take light. it's disheartening. soul wrenching but then as the wheel of life turns and my circumstance reaches an all time low... He pushes me up. He gives me a ray of hope and slowly, everything just feels brighter. somewhat lighter even.

the turbulent storm that has rattled my life hasn't really settled. i don't want to go all nega - as this is my happy place in the world wide web but... i'm trying. i'm doing my best to cope and to live each day with a faithful and trusting spirit. i'm a planner... i like to schedule my days and well, plan my life BUT i guess sometimes He just has to rock the boat and make me return back to trusting Him and His plans for me. i haven't lost hope. i still wish and pray for that which my heart desires but i am also giving in to Him... letting Him work His way in my life. maybe my dream will find its way back to me or maybe a new dream will emerge. i don't know. but what i do know is this, God will always give what is best and good for me.

thank you Father for all the amazing people who in their own special ways, make me work to become tougher, stronger and more resilient to the ways of the world. i pray that You continue to guide me and fill me with Your unconditional love and mercy. i put my life and trust in Your hands.

***

someday, all events in our lives will make perfect sense.
for now, let's laugh at the confusion.
smile through the tears and know that everything happens for a reason.
let's trust God that from our great troubles will come our best rewards

***

"Father God, as i go through this day...
various thoughts will pass through my mind
and in the midst of my thinking,
despair may creep in when problems come to mind.
Lord, may my soul be encouraged by Your character
so that as i wait and trust in You,
joy would replace despair" - Psalm 42:5

***

a person who spends time on their knees,
has no trouble standing on their feet.

***

"the more we listen to God's voice, the louder it gets.
the more we seek the light, the brighter it becomes.
this is God's love and compassion for us making itself known.
and in His growing presence, we become stronger
and our faith is renewed" - Proverbs 8:34-35

***

"there will be many times when life will leave us
stretched into an awkward position.
when trials seem to overwhelm us,
let us consider them as God's gracious gift.
a warning system which He has put in place
to steer us back within His perfect will.
God alone can answer and meet all our needs." - Psalm 32:7-8

***